Boost Your E-commerce Store Growth With This Quick Guide On Email Marketing.
Posted | 3 min read
Email marketing is a type of marketing that involves sending an email to a group of people with the aim to increase the awareness of a product or service. In e-commerce, email marketing is used to notify customers about new products and deals, offers, etc that you have put on your online store.
Email marketing is an important tool in your arsenal which allows thousands of users to reach organically on your online store. It helps in building relationships with potential customers and helps in increasing sales and revenue. It also helps in strengthening customer loyalty by providing information such as product updates, discounts, etc.
This blog post will guide you in starting with email marketing for your online store and common dos and don't s to keep in mind while doing so.
1. Open with a irresistible email subject line
About 87% of emails are opened only because the subject lines of these emails are inquisitive. When writing an email, try to pique the interest of your reader. Out of the hundreds of emails your users receive each day, this is your chance to shine out.
Legion Athletics uses fear of missing out or FOMO as their subject line, enticing users to open the email and act on it right away.
2. Add call to action for each email
You just don’t want your target audience to read your content and take no action after reading. The whole intent of email marketing is to direct users to your online store so that they can buy your products. Apart from some exceptions, it is imperative for every email in your newsletter to have a relevant call to action.
If your email is about a brand new sneaker, put a call to action at the end of the email as ‘New launch offer - Buy now for 30% off’ or if your email is about an abandoned cart, add a call to action which takes the user back to their cart.
3. Find out the right time to send emails
Statistics say that people are more likely to open emails early in the morning, just before starting the work or while on their way to work on a commute. This provides a couple of time windows where sending emails would have a much likely open rate.
Ideally, your goal should be to be on top of your reader’s inbox. But almost every single brand wants to do that. That is why you can try sending emails just before the commute hours or just before people are starting their work. I.e between 7AM - 9:30AM on weekdays. Another window is between 4PM -7PM on weekdays.
Keep in mind that email opening rates are usually low over the weekends.
4. Limit yourself to 2 emails per week per customer
Many big e-commerce websites follow the rule of 2 emails per week. Anything more than that is considered too much. Although there is no thumb rule for this number, you do not want to bombard your readers with tons of product information, discounts and promotional activities. Eventually, readers and your potential customers will unsubscribe you from the mailing list, indirectly affecting your online sales.
Try these tips right away with Storeplum!
Start sending abandoned cart emails to your customers right from Storeplum’s dashboard. Customize or start with the default email template. Storeplum’s cart recovery emails are designed specifically to improve cart abandonment percentage on your online store. So if you are looking for a ready made solution to improve sales on your online store, start with Storeplum for free today.
- Make Most Out Of Word Of Mouth Marketing With These 5 Strategies
- A Guide to Using Instagram Features To Market Your Online Store
- How to set up an online store for less than ₹2000 a month
- 5 Business Ideas For Women in 2022
- 4 Ways To Show Your Brand Personality On Your Website
- Triple Your Profits With These 7 Pricing Strategies for Your Online Store
- Is Your Online Store Demanding Too Much of Your Time? Look No More.
- 6 Reasons For Your High Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate
- Avoid These Hidden Costs Before Starting Your E-Commerce Store
- First Time Entrepreneurs: Stop Doing These 5 Mistakes At Any Cost
- How to Build a Community Around Your Brand and Online Store
- 5 Easy To Follow Ways for Women Entrepreneurs To Grow Their Business
- SEO For Beginners: 4 Easy Steps To Grow Your Website Traffic Without Spending Any Money
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Starting an Online Store
- How To Start Selling Online: The Ultimate Guide To Becoming An E-commerce Entrepreneur In 2022
- 5 Powerful Ways To Add FOMO Or Fear Of Missing Out In Your E-commerce Business
- How To Start An Online Home Decor Business
- 4 Prominent Marketing Channels For Your E-commerce Business Growth
- 4 Best Practices For That Killer Product Category Page
- How To Start With Ecommerce Branding: A Step By Step Guide For Beginners
- How To Start An Online Sustainable Fashion Brand
- The Ultimate Guide For Building Your E-commerce Funnel (With Examples)
- 5 Not So Known Ways To Drive More Sales To Your E-commerce Business
- 5 Easy Tips To Make People Love Your Brand In No Time
- Guide To Instagram Marketing For Your Online Business in 2022 | Storeplum
- 7 Proven Ways To Reduce Bounce Rate On Your E-commerce Website
- 9 E-commerce Marketing Strategies for Clothing Brands
- How to Write a Quantifying Value Proposition for Your Product
- SWOT Analysis: How to Wake Up The Business Genius Inside You
- Calculating TAM SAM SOM: Understanding Market Size For Your Business
- 10 Most Important KPIs For Your Ecommerce Business
- User Persona Canvas: A Clear Path to Find Your Ideal Customer