4 Ways To Show Your Brand Personality On Your Website
By Storeplum Editorial
Posted | 4 min read
Every brand has a personality and that’s what differentiates you from the competition. Whether you’re a serious and professional brand or a fun and quirky one, your brand personality will be evident in every aspect of your online presence. From the wording in your emails to the images on your social media channels, the personality you adopt will influence how people view your business.
Your website is no different — it’s one of the most important aspects of brand building and should reflect who you are as a company. This is where visitors get to know your business and determine whether or not they want to convert (whether that means making a purchase, signing up for an email list, or downloading something from your site).
According to a study by Adobe and Econsultancy, 91 percent of marketers say that their brand personality and it’s value impacts conversion rates.
And the way you convey this unique personality on your website can make or break your business.
But how do you actually show off your brand personality?
After all, most businesses are selling the same thing — just in different ways. How are you going to stand out and convince customers that they need what's in front of them?
Here are four ways to add some personality to your website:
- Add a detailed about us page
- Revitalise your story through a video
- Pick colors that define your brand
- Share your thoughts through newsletters
1. Add a detailed about us page
Most websites have an about us page, but not all of them paint a picture of the company behind the website. The about us page is your chance to show off your brand personality, so use this space to tell the story of your business.
Make sure to include details like what inspired you to start the business, how you got started, and where you hope to go in the future. Be creative with it! Social Print Studio, an online photo printing website does a great job with this.
The casual photo of the team gives an idea that it's a laid back place to work with and these guys definitely know how to have fun!
2. Revitalise your story through a video
Everyone enjoys a good story. And in fact, visuals are more impactful than reading. So why not post a cool video of your business journey till now?
Videos are an increasingly popular way to tell stories on the web — everyone from small businesses to major brands is getting in on the action. You don’t need expensive cameras or fancy editing software to create an effective video for your brand.
3. Pick colors that define your brand
Indian brand, The State Plate does a great job at defining their brand personality through colors. These colors represent the diversity of India and it’s rich and varied heritage. Another one we really like is Chumbak. The quirky home decor and lifestyle store, bringing colors to your life.
4. Share your thoughts through newsletters
It has proven again and again that newsletters are the best way to build a relationship with customers. So, it’s time to let go of the traditional formal business language in emails. Use slang, write newsletters in a way which easily resonates with your target audience. More importantly, make your emails personalized.
Try to throw a surprise element every now and then. Take a look at welcome email from Glossier. Not only they use a feel good approach for the reader by having a warm and friendly tone but they are also adding a social proof with their Instagram photos.
With all these ideas in mind, now its time for you to give it a try. Begin with understanding your real value proposition and revisiting your buyer persona again. Try changing something small, see how your target audience is reacting and iterate it from there.
By putting some effort into building brand personality, your potential customers will have some idea when they think about buying your products or visit you in person. First impressions always matter, these ideas will help you make a better one.
Storeplum's in-house editorial team brings to you the best content when it comes to growing your online business on the Internet. We write about growth hacks, case studies, government schemes and other related information for e-commerce business.
- Make Most Out Of Word Of Mouth Marketing With These 5 Strategies
- A Guide to Using Instagram Features To Market Your Online Store
- How to set up an online store for less than ₹2000 a month
- 5 Business Ideas For Women in 2022
- Triple Your Profits With These 7 Pricing Strategies for Your Online Store
- Is Your Online Store Demanding Too Much of Your Time? Look No More.
- 6 Reasons For Your High Shopping Cart Abandonment Rate
- Avoid These Hidden Costs Before Starting Your E-Commerce Store
- First Time Entrepreneurs: Stop Doing These 5 Mistakes At Any Cost
- How to Build a Community Around Your Brand and Online Store
- 5 Easy To Follow Ways for Women Entrepreneurs To Grow Their Business
- SEO For Beginners: 4 Easy Steps To Grow Your Website Traffic Without Spending Any Money
- 6 Things You Should Know Before Starting an Online Store
- How To Start Selling Online: The Ultimate Guide To Becoming An E-commerce Entrepreneur In 2022
- Boost Your E-commerce Store Growth With This Quick Guide On Email Marketing.
- 5 Powerful Ways To Add FOMO Or Fear Of Missing Out In Your E-commerce Business
- How To Start An Online Home Decor Business
- 4 Prominent Marketing Channels For Your E-commerce Business Growth
- 4 Best Practices For That Killer Product Category Page
- How To Start With Ecommerce Branding: A Step By Step Guide For Beginners
- How To Start An Online Sustainable Fashion Brand
- The Ultimate Guide For Building Your E-commerce Funnel (With Examples)
- 5 Not So Known Ways To Drive More Sales To Your E-commerce Business
- 5 Easy Tips To Make People Love Your Brand In No Time
- Guide To Instagram Marketing For Your Online Business in 2022 | Storeplum
- 7 Proven Ways To Reduce Bounce Rate On Your E-commerce Website
- 9 E-commerce Marketing Strategies for Clothing Brands
- How to Write a Quantifying Value Proposition for Your Product
- SWOT Analysis: How to Wake Up The Business Genius Inside You
- Calculating TAM SAM SOM: Understanding Market Size For Your Business
- 10 Most Important KPIs For Your Ecommerce Business
- User Persona Canvas: A Clear Path to Find Your Ideal Customer